- » Pitching Forum > Projects submission
LAST MINUTE NOTE:
DUE TO THE HUGE NUMBER OF PROJECTS SUBMITTED IN THE LAST FEW HOURS, WE ARE EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTIES IN REGISTERING PROJECTS.
DUE TO THIS REASON WE WILL EXTEND THE REGISTRATION PERIOD A COUPLE OF HOURS.
APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
Please, read carefully this section before filling the form or send the information required. And don't forget to read: FAQs
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROJECTS:
April 4th 2013
How to submit a project
1/ The first step to submit a project to DocsBarcelona Pitching Forum is to fill in a submission form. Two people can apply per project.
Warning: You need to fill in one form per person.
Pitcher number 1 needs to submit before pitcher number 2.
2/ The second step is to send the following information to DocsBarcelona:
Written document: The project, maximum 2 pages long (in one document), in English and in PDF, needs to contain the following information:
Page 1: Synopsis and treatment (it can include images)
Page 2: CV of production company
CV of director
CV of producer
Warning: Projects longer than 2 pages will not be accepted.
If your project is Cross-Media, write it down in the document.
The document needs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Subject and name of the document attached: Project Title)
Clip: The clip is compulsory for selected projects. In order to enter the selection process it is highly recommended to send it too, as it is a key element to assess the project. Failure to send it will diminish the chances of getting selected.
The length of the clip must be maximum 3 minutes and the size 25MB. If the original language is not English it has to have English subtitles. Do check that the video title has not symbols in it before uploading it.
To send a clip you will find a place to attach it in the submission form.
PROJECTS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- The project needs to reach our office 4th of April 1.00 p.m. Projects received after this hour and date will not be accepted.
- Selected projects will be published in the Pitching Forum section of our website (subsection Selected Projects) on the 19th of April.
Criteria for project selection:
The selection committee will take into consideration the following elements:
- The documentary topic/subject
- The CV of the director, producer and production company
- Audiovisual and visual material
*It is not necessary for submitted projects to have finance in place.
- Before emailing your project you need to fill in the submission form.
- Project title in English must appear in every document.
- The 25 selected projects will be printed in the same format in which they have been received, and a file will be edited to be distributed amongst the Financing Pitching Panel and the rest of participants.
- Those with a selected project can attend the Pitching Workshop, which will take place on May 28th and May 29th , by paying an additional fee.
- The selected pitchers will have to pay its fee from April 19th to April 30th.
Pitching Forum Fees 2013
|Description of the activity||Fee (21% VAT excluded) Fee (21% VAT INCLUDED*)|
|Pitcher 1||384,30 € 465 €|
|Pitcher 2||249,59 € 302 €|
|EDN/PRODOCS Pitcher 1||334,71 € 405 €|
|EDN/PRODOCS Pitcher 2||249,59 € 302 €|
|Observer||174,38 € 211 €|
|EDN/PRODOCS observer||154,55 € 187 €|
Special fees (applicable to list of countries below)
|Pitcher 1||384,30 € (VAT excluded) 465 € (VAT included)|
|Pitcher 2||134,71 € (VAT excluded) 163 € (VAT included)|
|Observer||89,26 € (VAT excluded) 108 € (VAT included)|
* New regulation requires us to apply the 21% VAT on the DocsBarcelona Activity Fees.
** Non Spanish European companies or professionals with an intra-community VAT number registered at VIES (Vat Information Exchange System) are not subject to 21% VAT.
The fees include:
- Access to pitching sessions
- Tickets for some festival screenings or to Master Classes
- Access to Opening and Closing ceremonies (RSVP needed)
- Coffee breaks and lunches of 30th and 31st of May
*They do not include participation in the Pitching Workshop
LIST OF COUNTRIES THAT CAN AVAIL OF THE SPECIAL FEES:
• Czech Republic