DocsBarcelona wants to be a financing and promotion platform for Latin American documentary projects
In this edition DocsBarcelona presents the Latin Pitch.
The Latin Pitch will consist in the presentation of 4 projects from Latin America in front a selection of financers, especially interested in projects from these countries, and DocsBarcelona accredited professionals.
WHEN AND WHERE
Friday 29th of May from 4.00 p.m to 6.00 p.m at CCCB (C/Montalegre, 5, 08001, Barcelona).
*Seats are limited.
Director: Barbara Beltramello
Tales of Penthouse
Director: Juanjo Cid
Producers: Guillermo Zouain, Wendy Muñiz & Eli Dalmau
Viewfinder & Ostia Films
Dominican Republic & Spain
TATAP. Contra viento y marea
Director: Sebastian Saam
Producer: Stefan Gieren & Enrique Francisco
Storybay & Cinergia
Germany & Chile
When the Guns Go Silent
Director & Producer: Natalia Orozco
Producers: Christine Camdessus & Serge Gordey
Pulso Mundo & RCN TV & Alegría & Arte France
Colombia & France
- Nicole Tsien from POV (USA)
- Jose Rodriguez from Tribeca Film Institute (USA)
- Bruni Burres from Sundance Documentary Program (USA)
- Luke Moody from BritDoc Foundation (UK)
- Jess Gormley from The Guardian (UK)
- Karen Michael from Arte France (France)
- Maëlle Guenegues from CAT&Docs (France)
- Patrizia Mancini from WIDE House (France)
- Manuela Buono from Slingshot Films (Italy)
- Isabel Arrate from IDFA Bertha Fund (The Netherlands)
- Gudrun Hanke-El Ghomri from SWR (Germany)
- Diana Karklin from Rise and Shine (Germany)
- Jenny Westergard from YLE (Finland)
- Magdalena Borowska from Telewizja Polska TVP1 (Poland)
- Olivia Renault from GloboNews (Brazil)
- Sebastián Pelayo from Sistema Público de Radiodifusión Mexicano (Mexico)
- Gloria Luz Arenas from Caracol Televisión (Colombia)
- Germán Berger from TVN Televisión Nacional de Chile (Chile)
- Joan Salvat from TV3 (Spain)
The cost to participate at Latin Pitch is:
|FEE (21% VAT excluded)||FEE (21% VAT**)|
*The fee is for project, the maximum number of people allowed for project is 2.
** Non Spanish European companies or professionals with an intra-community VAT number registered at VIES (Vat Information Exchange System) are not subject to pay 21% VAT..
The fee includes:
- Participation at Latin Pitch.
- Access as a viewer at the Interactive Pitch.
- Access to InterDocsBarcelona conference
- Access to Opening and Closing ceremonies (RSVP needed).
- Access to the Festival screenings.
- Access to Master Classes and industry conferences.
- Access to “Sebald Variations” exhibition at CCCB
*It doesn’t include the previous workshop
WAW offers to a DocsBarcelona Latin Pitch project, sessions of counseling to analyze and study the marketing needs of the project. As a result, the final document (marketing plan) will be given to the producer / director of the project.
The award includes:
– 3 hours conference about the outstanding points of a marketing plan (for all Latin Pitch selected Projects) on Wednesday, May 27th from 10.00 a.m to 1.00 p.m
– 6 hours of counseling sessions, working with the producer / director of the winner project
– 10 hours of research, analysis and preparation of documents from the members of Working At Weekend.
*The award will be valid during one year