THE CATALAN DOCUMENTARY INDUSTRY:
A journey through the last 20 years and challenges for the future
Clúster Audiovisual de Catalunya is a group of companies and institutions in the audio-visual sector collaborating with each other to facilitate growth. Within the DocsBarcelona, is organizing a round table of business development, where professionals and experts in the documentary world analyse the past, present and future of the Catalan documentary industry.
What have been the most relevant milestones in the last 20 years with regards to production, distribution and release of documentaries in Catalonia? What about the future? What opportunities and threats is the documentary industry facing? What are the business keys to make it grow?
Moderated by Paco Escribano (Writer, journalist, lecturer, director of Minoria Absoluta), the round table will have the following speakers:
- Joan Gonzàlez, Producer and Director of DocsBarcelona International Film Festival
- Tono Folguera, Film producer, Lastor Media
- Jordi Balló, Director, Lecturer, and Doctor in Audiovisual Communications at Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Francisco Vargas, Director of the Audiovisual Department of the Catalan Institute of Cultural Enterprises (ICEC)
- Neus Ballús, Film director and scriptwriter
- Miquel Garcia, Head of documentaries and new formats at TV3
- Special guest: Tue Steen Müller, Founder of EDN
WHEN AND WHERE: Tuesday, May 23rd, 9.30-11am at Sala Mirador from CCCB
Free entry – Limited seats, booking required through clusteraudiovisual.cat
Organized with the collaboration of: