DocsBarcelonaValparaíso will be held from November the 25th to 30th and will count with an outstanding selection of international and national documentaries. Also it will take place a development project workshop, an interactive documentary workshop, open conferences and networking activities.
In its first edition, the festival will feature 7 chilean documentaries. With great satisfaction we announce that the final selection is:
- Como me da la Gana 2, Director Ignacio Agüero, 2016, 86′.
- Niña Sombra, Directora María Teresa Larraín, 2016, 75′.
- La Maquina Voladora, Director Vicente Barros, 2016, 71′.
- Roberto Bolaño, La Batalla Futura, Director Ricardo House, 2016, 80′.
- La Ciudad Perdida, Director Francisco Hervé, 2016, 77′.
- De Vida y de Muerte, Director Pedro Chaskel , 2015, 42′.
- El Rastreador de Estatuas, Jerónimo Rodríguez, 2015, 71′.
The documentaries will compete for the following awards:
- Best Chilean Documentary Award awared by the Festival jury, which consists of a DCP Master (Digital Cinema Package) provided by the post production agency Kine Imágenes.
- DocsBarcelona of the Month Award which consists in being part of the DocsBarcelona of the Month selection, that will be exhibit during December 2016 in 5 movie theaters in Chile. In addition this film will be part of Latitude Section of DocsBarcelona, which will be held in May 2017 in Barcelona.
- Audience Award
We want to thank all applicants for their interest in this new initiative, which seeks to make each edition a portrait of the society with the aim of rising awareness, entertain and enrich the dialogue trough the public, the media, institutions and professionals.
See you in DocsBarcelonaValparaíso!